Geography is one such subject that is popular with everybody right from their school days. Maps are a big part of that subject and identifying the various countries on the map is always a fun task. But what if I tell you that 40 useful facts about the world and their specific representations-country wise- have been assembled in one place, to help you understand the world better? Isn’t that an exciting prospect?
The facts cover several topics such as driving orientations in a country, population concentration, pirate population, most busy air routes, time zones, country maps, locations of McDonald’s fast food chains etc. and other trivial aspects such as amount of alcohol consumption in a particular country, paid maternal leaves around the world, most common surnames in the world, global internet usage, statistics about bribery, 22 countries that Britain did not invade etc.
35. The Most Dangerous Areas in the World To Ship Due to Pirates [ via ]
36. Area Codes in Which Ludacris Claims to Have H*es (song reference) [ via ]
37. Where 2% of Australia’s Population Lives [ via ]
38. The Longest Straight Line You Can Sail on Earth (Pakistan to Kamchatka Peninsula, Russia – 20000 miles) [ via ]
39. Map of Europe Showing Literal Chinese Translations for Country Names [ via ]
40. Reversed Map with Southern Hemisphere at Top of Map (because position of North is arbitrary) [ via ]
A large part of the population has now begun to travel around the world and having such data handy is always a great option as you never know when you might need some information regarding something in a foreign country.
Also, if you are addicted to ‘quiz up’ and are looking to up your scoring in the geography department then have a good look at these maps.