19 Thanksgiving Hacks To Make Hosting The Holiday A Breeze
1. Forget scrubbing potatoes…get your dishwasher to do it for you!
2. Rock the cranberry sauce in the microwave.
3. Use vegetables that you don’t need to peel, like roasted squash.
4. Use make-ahead recipes that you can make days before and heat up the day of, like this Butternut Squash Gratin.
5. Or these make-ahead dinner rolls.
6. Use it for the mashed potatoes.
7. Bake sweet or regular potatoes in them.
8. Green bean casserole.
9. Even dessert can be made in it, like a gingerbread pudding cake.
10. You might want to sit down for this…you can even cook the whole turkey in your slow cooker!
11. Never have bland gravy again by adding a little wine.
12. Table way too crowded? Serve your meal buffet-style instead to make room.
13. Do your chopping a couple days before and label them.
14. Using tongs is a quick and easy way to get a beautifully crimped pie crust.
15. Pastry not your forte? Make a cream cheese pie crust–you don’t have to worry about over-mixing!
16. Peel garlic effortlessly with two bowls and a bit of shaking.
17. If peeling potatoes makes you want to give up, try using the ice water method, which you can see here.
18. Save time on cleanup by using waxed paper instead of a floured surface when rolling out a pie crust
19. Don’t bother wrestling with the pastry knife for the pie crust; try grating frozen butter and tossing it with your flour mixture. You won’t believe how easy it is.