10 Places Freelancer should Invest money on
Every business needs an amount of investment in order to usher as successful and to earn revenues. Without investment you cannot expect success to shower on your lap. However this doesn’t signify that just investment will bring you success. Investing money is just a part of business that every business holders need to participate in order to establish their business and make it a revenue earning source. Similarly, for freelancers too investment plays an important role. Freelancers are those who work from their own comfort zone without committing any longer bond with clients or company. Freelancing is one of the in vogue professions of the world including various freelancing writers, designers, developers and so on. Freelancers too need to invest money in order to become successful and earn profit from freelancing. Many jump into freelancing thinking it is an easy task to earn money while others take it up as some sideline earning source. But it is not so always because there are hundreds of freelancers like you in the profession world. There are many efforts that you need to put in to succeed in freelancing. And when it comes to investment; as a freelancer you need to put your time, money and energy within your freelancing. These three things are the main mantras of freelancing: give enough time to produce quality product, invest money to get the best tools and techniques and energy to get going your freelancing. However, when it comes to money many of you be confused where to invest it. Investing money left and right will never bring you success; you need to make a proper and correct investment to earn profits in return of your investment. This article will discuss on the factors where a freelancer can invest money to gain rewarding profits. Here are 10 places freelancer should invest money on:
- Investing in Job sites: There are many job search boards which offer you facility of posting your portfolio and allows making a job search free of cost. But after spending certain amount of time within such sites, you will realize that without investing money you cannot explore much and that you are restricted from various features. Investing money on popular job sites does serves healthy for freelancers. As for example: In popular job search boards such as Odesk there are many online tests available for job seekers. Freelancers can attend such online tests and add a rewarding point to their profile. The more they attend the better impression they create on clients. Basic tests are offered online while for others the sites charge certain amount. If the test suits you capability, investing on it doesn’t hamper you. On the contrary it earns profit for you in two ways. Firstly, you create an impact over clients and secondly you polish your own skills of freelancing. Thus, investing money in job sites is useful and freelancers should follow it.
- Investing in outsourcing: There are many outsourcing tasks that need to be maintained by freelancers. As for example freelancing writers might not be good in designing themes or website look and field. They can invest money on such prospects to make their work done. You maintain a website for your benefit and keeping you as a brand. As a non-IT person you might be unaware of various technical issues for which you can outsource and solve your problems. On the other hand many others need marketing and promotion for their site to attract more clients. You can invest money on outsourcing the marketing and promotional areas. However, you need to realize that these investments should be made only when you see there is a prospect of gaining clients through your outsourcing work. Without fulfilling this prospect, investing money in outsourcing will serve no help.
- Investing in technology: Freelancers need to invest a certain amount of money within technology to create a successful business. Suppose as a freelancer you need a system with high memory and advanced features. It is important for you to make that investment because it is the base of your freelancing work. You have to get a high-end system to support your work features. Along with system a fast internet package, proper power connection and proper mouse and keyboard deserve investment from freelancers. Thus, investing in necessary technology is a valuable investment for freelancers.
- Investing in product management tools: As a freelancer, you will be using various tools for your freelancing work; making an investment for such tools is a necessity to complete your work. There are other tools which will improve rise your production. Tools like editing tools, wordpress plugins, webhosting, and webinars and so on offer great help for your freelancing. Therefore, making an investment on such tools is very much healthy investment for future success.
- Investing in client-customer relation: As freelancers to keep along both past and present customers is very important. It helps you to gain more work and thus client-customer relation is very important for you to maintain. While maintaining a healthy client-customer relation you might need to undergo certain investment. As for example: Wishing on birthdays and sending a token of wishes is a warm way of staying in touch with old clients. It helps you to maintain a healthy relation with your client. Such trivial investment must be afforded by freelancers to reaper better benefits in future.
- Investment in learning: Learning never ends and there is always much to learn. While working as a freelancer you will face various factors where you lack knowledge; in such cases it is beneficial to invest money on education that is helpful for your work. Suppose you are into freelancing on online marketing for sites. In such case to gain professional guidance and training is very important. On the other hand writers investing on writing technique courses is helpful and worth investing. You can invest on learning for both online and offline to improve your skills and knowledge. Thus, investing in learning is another good investment that a freelancer should follow and continue.
- Investing in books: When you are working as a freelancer you are restricted to various factors such as gaining knowledge from a team or a group. Therefore, you should always put it effort in gaining your knowledge and improve your skills and talents. To do so you can invest money and time on reading books which will help you improve your knowledge. Be it real books, ebooks or video books; books help one improve their knowledge and thus gain skills for their freelancing. For freelancing writers, investing in books is even all the more important because they are the one who deal in writing and vocabulary. Thus, the more books they read the better they improve their vocabulary which indirectly improves their skill of writing. Similarly investing money on informative books is a valuable investment that every freelancer should make.
- Investing in events: Attending events is a very important part of freelancing life. You need to attend events for various purposes such as meet new clients, promote yourself for job, make your presence felt over the professional world, and learn more things and so on. Therefore, never hesitate to invest money on social or professional events as it is very important for your freelancing career. You should also invest on attending workshops, debates and discussions to enter into prospect where there is a wide area to gain knowledge and improve your personality. Thus, investing in events is a valuable investment for freelancers.
- Investing in branding yourself: As a freelancer you need to create a brand of yourself so that you can gain more and more work. Branding as in writing articles, blogging, creating logos, business cards and so on helps you become popular and usher as a brand in freelancing world. Making an investment in branding yourself is another valuable factor that deserves investing money.
- Investing in ergonomics: While all other factors are based on improving work production and bringing more work, investing in ergonomics is to bring a healthy freelancing life for yourself. As a freelancer you will be working from the cozy comfort of your home and therefore unlike office you will not be offered comfortable chairs and desks. Ergonomics are comfortable products designed to keep you healthy. Thus, you should invest money on quality ergonomics to make your freelancing life comfortable and healthy so that you can work for long hours without straining your body or health. Thus, making an investment in ergonomics is a very important and useful investment that every freelancer should make.
These are 10 places freelances should invest money on and reap benefits from this investment. By investing money on these factors, you make a valuable investment which brings you future better results. Every investment should earn certain value be it for work or for you. And the above mentioned points are valuable investment that a freelancer should definitely make. Thus, invest your money carefully in the above 10 factors and earn better revenue from your freelancing career.
10 Places Freelancer should Invest money on